DBICF (für IMS)
Database Integrity Control Facility for IMS
DBICF simplifies and automates the use of DBRC in all IMS, CICS/DLI, IMS batch with and without data sharing environments
Summary of features
- Provides a TSO/SPF front-end to DBICF functions which allow to start IMS commands and utilities, generate and submit batch jobs and run online reports
- Provides an interface between the user and DBRC. Converts menu-driven user input into DBRC commands, calls DBRC and routes DBRC output back to the user
- Provides a whole set of compare, verification and evaluation aids to support database administration
- Simplifies and speeds up database repair operations helping reduce operational outages and delays by backing out IMS online transactions, BMP's and batch programs that were not backout out, generating recovery jobs of affected databases etc.
- Automates batch job generation for utilities and dynamic batch generation of batch jobs for housekeeping
- Contains at set of preventive functions for the operation such as a database consistency check, a program that verifies if a job can be startet etc.
- Aids disaster recovery, enabling automation of recovery procedures for an entire IMS database system, automatic RECON repair and cleanup etc.
- Takes snapshots of RECON data to a DB2 table which can be accessed for ad-hoc SQL and DBICF-provided, pre-formatted queries.
- Logs DBRC commands and utilities, and provides a log interface with a search facility